Monday, January 3, 2011

What a crazy couple of days...

Travels got off to a pretty rocky start. My flight from Dallas to Madrid was delayed 5 hours which resulted in me missing my Madrid to Rome connection. When i finally made it into Rome last night i was 7hrs behind schedule and my luggage was still in Madrid :\ However, I luckily had my carry-on bag which provided me with at least some essentials...except for underwear, my cell phone charger, and my outlet converter. Go figure. But, nonetheless, within the last 24 hrs i made through 4 airports, 3 countries and 2 continents in one piece ;)

I was somewhat sexually harassed (though i am sure the Italians would consider it flirting) by my cab diver last night... I probably shouldnt go into detail, but lets just say that if this would have happened in the states i am certain he wouldve had a law suit filed against his ass.

I am staying at a local hostel until we can officially move into our Roman apartments tomorrow morning. The staff here are amazingly friendly and helpful. This one guy had to literally help me use my calling card cuz i didnt know how to call long distance and my cell phone wont be working until i get an Italian SIM card (on my to-do list). I wouldnt have even attempted, but knowing my dad...he probably wouldve contacted the US Embassy for missing persons abroad if he hadnt of heard from me like soon.

The nice Roman gentlemen also had to show me how to get into my room and turn on the lights... I can manage my way through foreign airports but i apparently i cant do anything else. He told me he would bring back some authentic Italian wine with him this evening and would share some with me. That is probably going to be the extent of my day cuz i dont feel like doing much else.

Uh... Other than the mayhem of the last 2 days, things have been pretty chill. I am debating if i should attempt to wonder around the historic district today and find the UW Rome Center but i havent made up my mind yet. I am feeling pretty lazy and comfortable with where i am at the moment.

I hope all is well back home and i will update you all again soon :) Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment