Friday, January 7, 2011

All settled in :)

I have been officially moved in into our new apartment for 2 days now and it's really fantastic. I consider our neighborhood as the "Brooklyn" of Rome because we have to walk across the Ponte Sisto Bridge into Trastevere (where Vatican City is located). It's seriously is less than a 5min walk back into downtown\central Rome so it's actually really convenient.

I have 3 really great roommates: Natalie, Sarah & Sha (Shaquella), and i couldn't have asked for more friendly and outgoing girls! Our apartment is surprisingly really large, and we share 2 girls to 2 bedrooms so we aren't cramped at all. I'll have to take some pictures to show you how modern and nice our place is! I wasn't at all expecting this and had prepared myself for the worse...haha!

Everyone else in my program is really nice and we all like to spend a lot of time socializing with the whole group! The other night i organized a night tour from the Campo de Fiori to the Piazza di Spagna (because i had already done this walking tour by myself during the day), and 8 of us ended up touring these sites for over 3 hours... It was a lot of fun but really hard on our feet.

We've only had 2 short orientations so far because everyone is still kinda out of it, and still transitioning to Italian time, but the group is going to the local flea market this Sunday and some of us are planning on exploring the historic district (where the Colosseum is) and Vatican City this weekend since we have it off :)

I'm sending out some post cards today so keep an eye out for them! Luvs!!!

1 comment:

  1. Loving the updates! Feel like I am there with you! Have fun love!

    ReplyDelete